You are moving house, this much you already know. You always hear about how stressful moving can be, Active Removals are here to tell you, it doesn’t have to be so stressful.
Follow these simple tips and let your removalists do the rest.
Step 1 Moving plans
- Check out the new location for schools, community centres, gyms etc. before you sign for your new home.
- Budget your move.
- Book any necessary days off work.
- Prepare children for your move, get them excited about it.
- Arrange the movement of your pets or pet sitters.
- Eat the food in the freezer, this is the fun part!
Step 2 Order the services of a Removalist and packing materials
- Contact Active Removals to arrange a free quote and order your packing materials. Remember to book the first morning spot.
Step 3 Administrative
- Order your carpet cleaning if you are in a rental and make sure to get a receipt.
- Call to disconnect and reconnect your utilities; Gas, Water and Electricity
- Call to disconnect and reconnect your telephone and Internet provider
- Make a list of those you need to change your address with and go about it, most of it can now be done online.
Step 4 De-Clutter
- Wash the blankets, bedcovers and pillows.
- Throw away unwanted things; maybe even have a garage sale to raise the funds for the move.
- Sort out all paperwork and do not pack, bring with yourself on the move.
Step 5 Other home chores
- Defrost the freezer (after you have eaten everything of course)
- Clean the oven.
- Clean the BBQ
- Begin packing well in advance (Or book Active Removals to do your packing)
- Make sure to label everything clearly, including any fragile items.
- Disassemble any large furniture or inbuilt cabinets that you are taking (place all screws and bolts in separate labelled, transparent bags.)
- Disconnect the washing machine and dishwasher.
- If you need storage, contact Active Removals.
- Pack your personal items last
- Clean out the fridge
- Keep all of the essentials out, to bring to your new home (breakfast, tea, coffee or even a cold beer)
- Remember to pack the water hose! People always forget the outdoor area.
Step 6 Time to move – the Easy Bit (Let Active Removals do it all)
- Check all the cupboards before you leave.
- Put aside, in an envelope all of your spare keys.
- Walk around for one final check.